by Mick Harper
1. Name the band that started out as Mighty Joe Young.
2. Did the Beatles ever nab a Grammy for Song Of The Year?
3. Who released Want Ads?
4. Name the duo that wrote and re-leased Little Latin Lupe Lu.
5. Name the song that contains this lyric: Hey, where did we go, days when the rains came? Down in the hollow, playing a new game.
1. Stone Temple Pilots, aka STP. Legend says that the group first came together when it was learned that two band members were dating the same girl. They dumped her and be- came friends.
2. Yes, for Michelle in 1967. They also picked up nominations for A Hard Day’s Night in 1965, Yesterday in 1966, Hey Jude in 1969, and Let It Be in 1971.
3. The Honey Cones, in 1971. It originally was to be called Stick Up, but went through a rewrite to become Want Ads. Later they did release the original Stick Up.
4. The Righteous Brothers, in 1962.
5. Brown Eyed Girl, by Van Morrison in 1967. The song was a bit suggestive for many radio stations, so a sanitized version changed one line for radio play.